HOW TO USE HANDS ON HEMP REUSABLE BAGS:
Hands On Hemp Bags are Easy and Satisfying to use and make a Real Difference for the Planet!
Shop for all fruit and vegetables using Hands On Hemp Bags.
- Place your veggies into the bag so that the tag with the UPC code is easily scanned by your checkout teller.
- Keep separate kinds of fruit and veggies in separate bags – i.e. keep apples in one bag, kale in another, and peppers in a third.
- For most produce items, it is simplest to fold the top of the bag over instead of using the draw string. This makes it very easy to see what is inside the bag at check out.
- Pay for the produce, not the Bag. The tare (weight of the bag) is printed on the label on front of the bag. Tell or show this weight to the teller so s/he can subtract from the contents.
- Be proud to know that you have NOT participated in the mindless usage of single use plastic bags!!
Carry Home your fruits and veggies in Hands On Hemp Bags – from the grocery store or farmers market.
- Hands On Hemp Bags are incredibly sturdy and can hold up to 40lbs, so you don’t need to worry about them splitting or tearing.
Store your Vegetables in Hands On Hemp Bags:
- Before storing (most) of your vegetables in Hands on Hemp bags it is very important to WASH or dampen the VEGETABLES and THEN put them back in the hemp reusable bags.
- Placing your vegetables into the bags while they are still damp actually helps keep the veggies fresh and crisp. Washing your vegetables before storing makes an enormous difference you won’t want to miss.
- Exceptions: Some vegetables should not be washed before storing. For example eggplants, potatoes, squash and basil. For more detailed vegetable storage information go to our “Vegetable Storage” page.
- Close drawstring or fold the top part of the bag over the contents to keep the moisture inside the bags.
Place the hemp reusable bags inside your refrigerator crisper drawer. This step gives added insurance that your veggies stay crisp.
Our Hands On Hemp reusable bags for produce keep veggies fresh in the fridge for up to 3 weeks!
Enjoy fresh and vital vegetables with no residue from plastic!!
- Every few days, any veggies not eaten should be dampened again (if they are no longer damp) and placed back into your Hands On Hemp reusable bag and into your crisper drawer.
ReUsing and Washing:
- After using, shake bags out fully and hang to dry. You can usually re-use the bags several times before washing. Machine wash and dry as needed, with your other cloth towels or clothes.
- These hemp bags get softer with washing!
- Scoop or pour any kind of bulk into the bags, including flour. Keep track of the PLU numbers associated with each bulk item.
- For bulk items that may spill, you can pull the cotton draw string to close the bag and untie the drawstring knot so you can tie the two ends together to secure the contents OR wrap the drawstring around the neck of the bag and make an overhand 1/2 knot.
- Enjoy your pastries or bagels or fresh bread in these bags as well without the unecessary plastic waste.
- Store bulk in Hands On Hemp Bags short term OR pour bulk into airtight glass mason jars and store long term.
- Store bread, pastries, and baked goods in a bread box (preferably a clay one).
GET READY to REUSE:
Return some of your Hands On Hemp bags to your car or grocery shopping bags so you can use them again next time you go to the store.